The SCALE project addresses current local and regional environmental and climate change issues faced by communities across Europe, through an innovative methodology known as 'Applied Creativity Labs' (ACLs).
The project's objectives are:
- To replicate the ACL methodology on a wider, pan-European scale
- To lay the foundations for the implementation and uptake of the ACL methodology at a higher/systemic level
- To enhance critical thinking among learners, as well as parents, educational staff and other stakeholders through ACLs
- To raise awareness of the huge potential of harnessing young people's natural creativity in producing innovative solutions to European environmental issues
- To cultivate an ACL network through which teachers and trainers can exchange resources, knowledge and good practices
The project is funded by the Erasmus+ Programme under the Key Action 2 Schools call and involves partners from the United Kingdom, Belgium, Bulgaria, Latvia, Portugal and Spain.